I'm a python developer with a few years of experience. I enjoy putting easter eggs in my code. Besides that, I also build useful stuff. Two years ago I started using FastAPI and was impressed by the powerful combination of Starlette and Pydantic to quickly build a well-documented API.
I work at InvestSuite, a Belgian fintech scaleup. I work on multiple microservices: public & private APIs, streaming financial data, machine learning models, etc.
English languageMaarten Huijsmans
FastAPI follows the UNIX philosophy of "do one thing, and do it well". By using Starlette and Pydantic, FastAPI
provides you with powerful tools to build a beautiful API. This gives you a lot of freedom to decide how you organize
the rest of your codebase. The level of freedom also comes with some challenges once a codebase grows.
In this talk we explore some of the common challenges in building FastAPI apps, and share how we solved them:
1. Minimizing the global state with dependency injection
2. Reducing the complexity of testing a FastAPI app
3. Pitfalls of async FastAPI
4. Supporting multiple authentication schemes
5. Modeling the relations between patch, response, and database models